Before My SurgeryDay of SurgeryAfter SurgeryChildrenFAQ
- Arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You cannot drive yourself or be left alone.
- Before you leave the center you will be given written instructions for your care at home.
- After you have returned home, be sure to follow you doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. It is not unusual to feel a little sleepy, lightheaded or dizzy for several hours after your surgery. Do not sign any important papers or make any significant decisions for at least 24 hours.
- If you have any questions or problems after surgery, please contact your physician or call the Salt Lake Surgical Center.
- A nurse from the Salt Lake Surgical Center will phone you the next day (if your surgery is on a Friday we will call on Monday) to see how you are and answer any additional questions you might have.